Password protection and clear()

Charles Quenneville quennevi at IRO.UMontreal.CA
Tue Nov 27 16:17:54 AEST 1990

Hello all!

I have 2 questions to ask you... First of all, I would like to restrict
the use of a program. I  let my friend use my account but I don't want
him to use a certain program. I thought of using a password protection.
As soon as he would type the name of that program, it would prompt him
for a password. The only problem is that I am having a hard time
implementing such a thing in my program. Could anyone help me out?

My second question concerns clear(); I have been trying to simply
write a program to clear my screen. Here is what I do:

#include <curses.h>

main(argc, argv)
{
 initscr();
 clear();
}

and this is how I compile: cc cl.c -o cl -lcurses -ltermcap

The result is always the same! NOTHING!! I've even tried wclear() but
no can do!

When on a System V, no problems. but on the SparcStation1 we have,
it doesn't work. We are running SunOS 4.1. I don't have the
5lib/cc compiler. Can anyone help?!?!?

I thank you very much in advance

--
    Charles Quenneville
    quennevi at kovic.iro.umontreal.ca

"Ventrebleu, de par ma chandelle verte, j'aime mieux etre gueux