Cron jobs running as something other than root

Michael Johnston mjohn at king..citib
Thu Sep 6 06:01:14 AEST 1990

In article <1054 at dekalb.UUCP> douglas at dekalb.UUCP (Douglas B. Jones) writes:
>In article <26d9499b.2715 at petunia.CalPoly.EDU> gmartin at polyslo.CalPoly.EDU (Hackman) writes:
>>	Is there any way to make a job that runs from cron run under a
>>        different login id???

>In our /etc/crontab there are entries that are run for uucp.
>
>Here are some examples:
>
>30 * * * * su uucpa < /usr/var/uucp/uucp.hour

If you are running BSD or flavors of System V you have available to you
the 'crontab' command. Just create a crontab file for the USER you wish
to run cron jobs for. Then su to the username you wish to install it for
and say "crontab < your_cron_file". That's all folks.

Michael R. Johnston, Mgr.           Internet: mjohn at citib.com
USCPG , Treasury Systems            UUCP: uunet!uupsi!bank!mjohn
Citicorp, NA                        (718) 248-5373