newsgroupname counterproposal

Marcus J. Ranum mjr at decuac.DEC.COM
Sun Sep 2 13:21:14 AEST 1990

In article <Fc?g3e?1 at cs.psu.edu>, schwartz at groucho.cs.psu.edu (Scott Schwartz) writes:

> I miss the old newsgroup already.  Why not comp.unix.arcana, if not
> comp.unix.wizards?

	I have to admit, I was taken by surprise by the change. Admittedly,
I tend to 'n' my way through unix-wizards in a hurry, but I don't recall
seeing any discussion of the changes-to-be *here*. Was this all decided
in news.groups, and if so, it might have made some sense to post a notice
that the change was being considered. Of course, I might have overlooked
it, but I can't imagine such a world-shaking change being made without
everyone in unix-wizards inserting their $2e-2 as usual. :)

mjr.
--

Eagles may soar, free and proud, but weasles never get sucked into jet engines.