Cron jobs running as something other than root

Dave Eisen dkeisen at Gang-of-Four.Stanford.EDU
Mon Sep 3 03:05:56 AEST 1990

In article <26d9499b.2715 at petunia.CalPoly.EDU> gmartin at polyslo.CalPoly.EDU (Hackman) writes:

>Excuse this if this has been discussed before, but I am trying to automate
>a script that is run from our system (library.calpoly.edu).  However, this
>script requires that it be run while logged in as 'libs'.  This script was
>originally written by someone in Tech Support for the company that supports
>the software for our online catalog, so I have no idea why the job has to
>be run as libs, but:
>
>	Is there any way to make a job that runs from cron run under a
>        different login id???

In SCO Xenix this is done by having separate crontab files in
/usr/spool/cron/crontabs. The command would be put in
/usr/spool/cron/crontabs/libs.

--
Dave Eisen                      	    Home: (415) 323-9757
dkeisen at Gang-of-Four.Stanford.EDU           Office: (415) 967-5644