Help! There's a slash '/' in my filename.

Guy Harris guy at auspex.auspex.com
Mon Feb 11 12:41:11 AEST 1991

> > >   ...    Then HARD link all the other files into the new directory.
>Oh yes, how to do that if the directory name contains a '/'?

The assumption was, presumably, that the directory containing an entry
with a slash in it did not, itself, have a name containing a slash.  If
the directory in question has such a name, the way you do it is:

	1) apply the aforementioned "how to fix a file with a name
	   containing a slash" to that directory (this points out one
	   reason why you may NOT want to fix the problem by "clri"ing
	   the file - "clri"ing a directory and "fsck"ing will leave you
	   with a bunch of files in "lost+found" with cryptic names);

	2) now apply the fix to the broken file.

Recurse as needed....

> >                             The most painless method is to move all
> > the files and directories out of the directory with the bad entry,
>Same question here.

Same answer.