I have a file named "-"

Thaddeus P. Floryan thad at public.BTR.COM
Tue Feb 26 19:17:17 AEST 1991

In article <22834 at hydra.gatech.EDU> gt2807a at prism.gatech.EDU (Benjamin H. Cowan) writes:

>  I have a file whose name consists of the single character "-".  I can't
>rm it or mv it or cat it or more it or anything to it.  How can I get rid of
>it?

$ rm ./-

or you could "rm -fr *" followed by the Norton Utilities to undelete all
BUT the file named ``-''   :-)

Thad

P.S. I figured to answer this ASAP (and throw in some humor) before another
round of eleventy-seven flames begins re: inappropriate questions; sometimes
it's less tiresome to just answer than to get on a soapbox.

Thad Floryan [ thad at btr.com (OR) {dewcwrl, mips, fernwood}!btr!thad ]