How to get remote ethernet address?

Lynn Wallace lwallace at javelin.es.com
Fri Feb 15 11:04:14 AEST 1991

We use dedicated ethernet connections between machines, meaning a machine on
each end of a cable with no other connections.  The system I am writing (or
attempting to :-) a driver for will be connected to various machines, sometimes
"right off the assembly line".  Is there a way to obtain the remote's ethernet
address (vs. internet address; it's a low-level protocol) from software so the
user doesn't have to flip through a manual, eyeball a card or peek memory to
get it?

Lynn Wallace			   |I am not an official representative of
Evans and Sutherland Computer Corp.| <- E&S.  Or for that matter, unofficial.
Salt Lake City, UT 84108	   |Internet: lwallace at javelin.sim.es.com
			War not make one great! -- Yoda