Help! There's a slash '/' in my filename.

Luc Rooijakkers lwj at cs.kun.nl
Wed Feb 6 00:29:18 AEST 1991

In article <2338 at nickerson.munsell.UUCP> jackal at nickerson.UUCP (Phil Hammar) writes:

>	This used to happen here quite often, usually because someone
>with a MAC would use GatorShare to write a file via NFS whose name
>included the date.  The easiest solution was to use the MAC to change
>the name to something without the '/'.  Then I would carefully explain
>to the user what they did wrong and why they would be publicly flogged
>if they did it again (restore really gets goofy if it is reading a
>file system which contain such names).

Somewhere in the GatorShare configuration is a box labeled "Illegal
characters in filename". If you just add the '/' to the characters in
this box, your users won't be able to create such files again. Of
course, you then have to explain to them why they cannot create files with
slashes in their name...

Luc Rooijakkers                                 Internet: lwj at cs.kun.nl
Faculty of Mathematics and Computer Science     UUCP: uunet!cs.kun.nl!lwj
University of Nijmegen, the Netherlands         tel. +3180652271