Wizard-level questions (go4th & thread your primitives)

DAVID at penndrls.upenn.edu DAVID at penndrls.upenn.edu
Fri Feb 15 06:09:12 AEST 1991

For FORTH written in C, try Mitch Bradley of Bradley ForthWorks
(wmb at MITCH.ENG.SUN.COM), who also has a SUN FORTH (by the way, he is
also responsible for the FORTH in the Sparcstation boot proms) as well
as FORTHs for a number of other platforms.  Prices are very reasonable
(circa $50, I think).  If you can't afford anything but freeware, try
Mikael Patel (eru!hagbard!sunic!liuida!mip at BLOOM-BEACON.MIT.EDU is the
only address I have for him and I've never tried to use it) who has
constructued TILE FORTH to run on Sun's and other Unix platforms.
Actually, I don't know for sure that Mikael is giving away the current
version, but there was at least one version that he posted to ForthNet.
(ForthNet, by the way, is a virtual network of Forth mailing lists,
BBSs, and other stuff with connections to the BITNET FIGI-L, usenet
comp.language.forth (I think that is the right group) and to the Forth
roundtable on Genie.  If you like FORTH, it is worth getting connected
to; right now the hot topic is the upcomming ANS FORTH dpANS.)

-- R. David Murray    (DAVID at PENNDRLS.UPENN.EDU)

P.S.: I tried to mail this before I posted it, but the mail bounced.
Hope you wizards assembled don't mind too much, this not being a
unix-wizardly subject . . .