Question:Books on Unix

J.B. Nicholson jbn35564 at uxa.cso.uiuc.edu
Sat Jan 26 05:48:20 AEST 1991

In <11425 at darkstar.ucsc.edu> googol at ucscb.ucsc.edu (60778000) writes:

>Hi! Could anyone recommend some books on Unix related to the following
>topics: Unix Kernel, Shell Programming, Unix Utilities . Is there
>any single book that talks about all these topics ? thanks.

I'd recommend the series of books from Hayden Books.  The most recent
Shell Programming book UNIX - System Programming (Revised Ed.) by
Kochan & Wood is quite nice.  ISBN #0-672-48448-X $26.95

There's a whole UNIX series with books covering topics System Programming,
System Administration, Networking, System Security, Text Processing and
Exploring the UNIX System.

There's also a bunch of books on topics dealing with C from the same
publisher.

Jeff