Synchronous device driver for SunOS

/usr/local/name gerry at gallahad.Central.Sun.COM
Wed Jun 12 03:56:16 AEST 1991

Hi Gary,

 I hope this is what you need,

This was written by a hardware engineer after my request
about a similer problem..

Refer to any of the Hardware Configuration Guides
 under the section heading "Serial Port Configuration and Speed".

 "The serial ports are programmed I/O devices (rather than DMA devices)
 and have only a three-character hardware buffer each although they
 support both high-speed output (up to 19.2 kbaud) and input (up to
 9.6 kbaud)."

 This statement holds true for Sun-2, Sun-3, and Sun-4 and goes back
 as far as the Aug 1984 Config Guide and as current as the Nov 1989
 Config Guide.