Summary - lost of SIGIO signal in SunOS4.1/4.0.3

THE AGEIS TAYBENGH%NUSDISCS.BITNET at cunyvm.cuny.edu
Mon Jun 3 10:54:24 AEST 1991

        The answer of my question is:
        Although the Sun DOES provide reliable signal, it does NOT mean
a signal counter is kept. If there are 2 instances of a same signal say SIGIO
are asserted before the first one can be serviced, only one of them will be
delivered. As a result, to handle signal properly, one must write code in such
a way that when a signal is received, it checks for all the work that may be
available from any number of a particular signal and does it all. In my case,
I use the value of the semaphore sets to check.
        Thanks for the people who helps, and sorry abt my ignorance of the true
meaning abt the reliable signal.

- Beng-Hang Tay (email: taybengh at nusdiscs.bitnet)
  Dept of Info Syst. and Comp. Sc.
  National University of Singapore