file attributes

Erik M. van der Poel erik at srava.sra.co.jp
Sun Jun 30 22:38:06 AEST 1991

Chris Torek writes:
> NB: I have misdirected followups

Interesting, actually, coz the article didn't make it across to Japan.
I had to go to the States to pick it up. (I found out about the
article because Barry replied to it.)

> It occurred to me during Usenix, while listening to Tom Christiansen
> playing the piano, that the piano keyboard is a distinctly `unfriendly'
> interface by the `average user's standards'.

Note that I'm not trying to abolish keyboards. I just want to add
identifiers to data so that it can be handled almost automatically. I
say "almost", because the user does have to be in charge. E.g. no
overwriting of files, unless the user says so.

Even if we add these identifiers, people will probably want to keep
using keyboards for, say, writing netnews articles. Even Macs have
keyboards, right?
-
--
EvdP