file attributes

Marcus J. Ranum mjr at hussar.dco.dec.com
Tue Jun 25 11:44:07 AEST 1991

erik at srava.sra.co.jp (Erik M. van der Poel) writes:

>[...] We don't
>need to worry about disk space and efficiency that much. Let's give
>the ordinary humans some readable metadata.

	Isn't it funny how people keep saying "we don't need to worry about
efficiency" and then they complain when their windowing system makes their
expensive hardware obsolete in 4 years?

	Saying "we don't need to worry about efficiency" is like a government
that says "we don't need to worry about a budget, we can just run into debt"
and then they wonder why, uh, urr... I guess this example's not so funny
after all, is it?

mjr.