Usenet via TCP/IP`

ESANCHEZ at udlapvms.pue.udlap.mx ESANCHEZ at udlapvms.pue.udlap.mx
Wed Jun 26 07:44:55 AEST 1991

Date sent:  25-JUN-1991 15:19:19
Enrique Sanchez				      Universidad de las Americas
esanchez at udlapvms (Bitnet)                    Depto. de Redes y Telecom.
esanchez at udlapvms.pue.udlap.mx (Internet)     Sta. Catarina Martir
root at cca.pue.udlap.mx                         Cholula Puebla
			                     (22) 47-43-21
From:	IN%"Unix-Wizards at BRL.MIL" 25-JUN-1991 15:12:35.63
To:	Enrique Sanchez Lara <ESANCHEZ at UDLAPVMS.PUE.UDLAP.MX>
CC:
Subj:

Date: Tue, 25 Jun 1991 14:01:00 -0300
From: STKOFUJI%BRUSP.BITNET at UICVM.UIC.EDU
Sender: Unix-Wizards Mailing List <UNIX-WIZ at NDSUVM1.BITNET>
To: Enrique Sanchez Lara <ESANCHEZ at UDLAPVMS.PUE.UDLAP.MX>

HELO WIZARDS,

LAST WEEK MY CONNECTION TO THE WORLD WAS CHANGED AND
NOW I'M SUPOSED TO USE TELECOMUNICATION SERVICES
THROUGH A X.25 PROTOCOL.

I'D LIKE TO KNOW HOW TO USE UUCP TOGHETER WITH SUNLINK 7.0.
HERE WE ARE USING SPARC STATIONS 1+ WITH SUN OS 4.1.1 AND
SUN 3/60 (SOON TO BE REPLACED) WITH SUN OS 4.0.3_EXPORT.

I'D ALSO LIKE TO KNOW IF IT IS POSSIBLE TO CONNECT TO
USENET THROUGH A TCP/IP PROTOCOL.

ANY HELP WILL BE APPRECIATED AND PLEASE, REPLY MAIL TO MY
ADDRESS SINCE NOW I'M NOT CONNECTED TO THIS MAILING LIST.

BEST REGARDS,

        CASIMIRO BARRETO
        STKOFUJI at BRUSP.BITNET
        RESEARCH MANAGER
        LABORATORIO DE SISTEMAS INTEGRAVEIS
        ESCOLA POLITECNICA DA UNIVERSIDADE DE SAO PAULO
        AV. PROF LUCIANO GUALBERTO, TRAV 3, 158
        05508 - SAO PAULO - SP
        BRASIL
        TEL: +55 11 211-4574
        FAX: +55 11 815-4272

--------------------------- End of Included message with replier address----

	Hi Casimiro !

	I'm the Network Manager of Sun workstations at Universidad de las
Americas Puebla, Mexico and I'm using USENET trough TCP/IP on all my
Sun machines. In order to install Usenet (NetNews) at your site you
have to get the nntp kit, the Cnews kit and if you desire a very
friendly user interface to post, read, save, the articles you need the
"nn' kit.
	You can get all of these kits from my anonymous ftp machine
(cca.pue.udlap.mx) in the directory pub/sun, the files are:

	Cnews.90.05.25.tar.Z  Cnews kit
	nntp.1.5.10.tar.Z     nntp kit
	nn.tar.Z              nn kit

	Good luck !!