pwd prompts in unix

A Minor Diety reich at magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu
Tue Jun 25 13:33:43 AEST 1991

In article <1991Jun24.140512.6143 at uokmax.ecn.uoknor.edu> jkmedcal at uokmax.ecn.uoknor.edu (Jeff Medcalf) writes:
|In tcsh, I use the following to shell commands in my .cshrc:
|
|set prompt=%m\[%c\]\{%!\}\:
|set prompt2=%m\[%c\]\{%!\}\?
|
|%m is replaced by the machine name, %c is replaced by the last element of the
|cwd, and %! is replaced by the history number.

I prefer tcsh and this method.  I use gnuemacs all the time and have
my PC keyboard remapped to work with emacs.  Tcsh uses the arrow keys
to select commands out of my history, the cut buffers also work (C-K
and C-Y).  Tcsh also has some advancements to the aliasing portion of
the code.  A reference to it on saqqara.cis.ohio-state.edu anonymous
ftp points to a location at cornell university ftp site (sorry that I
don't have the exact address on me)

Later
  DDDDDD             k                | reich at magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu
  D     D  `   cccc  k  kk   (^8      | Dick C. Reichenbach
  D     D  i  c      kkk              | "Humans have a way of showing up when
  DDDDDD   i   cccc  k  kk  WAS HERE  | you least expect them." - Denise Crosby