Another reason I hate NFS: Silent data loss!

Mike Muuss mike at BRL.MIL
Tue Jun 18 12:37:37 AEST 1991

NFS is designed as a reliable protocol.  I have pounded more than 250
NFS requests/sec against a fileserver, and no data loss.  Things you
should check are the number of retransmit's you authorized in /etc/fstab,
the error logs on both machines (run NFSSTAT), "netstat -s", etc, on both
machines, and see what the problem is.

You didn't mention what kind of machine you were using (exactly), nor
did you indicate what OS you were running (yes, UNIX, but which one?).
That information might prove helpful.

	Best,
	 -Mike