Xenix Question, dont'flame me please

jskoda at aqlan.ssc.af.mil jskoda at aqlan.ssc.af.mil
Sat Jun 1 04:14:03 AEST 1991

FORWARDED FROM: Skoda John F IV, A1C, AQAA
From: jskoda at aqlan.ssc.af.mil
Subject: Xenix Question, dont'flame me please
To: unix-wizards at BRL.MIL
MMDF-Warning:  Parse error in original version of preceding line at BRL.MIL
Date: Fri, 31 May 91 08:49:00
Encoding: 29 TEXT
I realize that there is proably a Xenix forum somewhere but...
Help,
        I have a 386 machine running SCO Xenix (SysV rel 3.2.2),
        with a 3Com 3cl05 lan board, and SCO TCP/IP runtime. The
        machine is hooked to a thin-net that is bridged into a
        broadband with a BR/2000 NetBuilder and a Chipcom Ethermodem.

        My problem is that the TCP startup script is not working. The
        lines that fail are:

        cpr
        slink
        ldsocket

        None of these programs seem to work right, they return
        "cpd: Socket Protocol not supported"
        << I would like to RTFM  but the FM wasn't included in the
        bundled system >>

        Here's the strange part, If the thin net is disconnected from
        the broad band, the whole thing runs like a top. What am I
        doing wrong?

Jt          |Standard Disclaimer Applies: (defun Maybe () (Maybe))
 ukoda      | Radiation has made me an enemy of civilization.
SSC/AQAA    | send flames to: jskoda at aqlan.ssc.af.mil