ISC 2.2 Installation trouble : -(

Michael Schommer [Inf-FSE] schommer at rhrk.uni-kl.de
Wed Jun 12 06:32:04 AEST 1991

URGENT URGENT URGENT URGENT URGENT URGENT URGENT URGENT URGENT URGENT URGENT

	Hi Folks...

  I have a problem using ISC Unix 2.2 and the following hardware:

	*  ECS 386/25 "A" Board (w/o  Cache)
	*  AHA 1542B
	*  Optima Mega (ET4000, 1MB)
	*  4 MB RAM
	*  2 RS232, 1 Centronics
	*  several Disks... (choos one: Quantum Prodrive 120S, 210S,						52LPS, Rodime 2359TS (210MB))
				   only one at a time...
	*  1x 5.25" Floppy
	*  Cherry Keyboard
	*  Cabling and the like....

  When the installation script tries to copy files from the INSTALL Floppy
  to the hd, the procedure always breaks and brings an error like ...

	FATAL ERROR: Cannot copy files to fixed disk

  (in a blue box at the center of the screen) or an error like ....

	chown: unknown user id: root
  and 3 seconds later ...
	copyfiles.sh: mknod: cannot execute

  in small white letters at the bottom of the screen (left hand side).
  That's all. No chance to complete the installation. I have had this
  error before, but after I started again, the system installed fine.
  Now, I tried it a dozen times - without success. I could be a fault
  of the board, of the software, or the SCSI stuff - I despare :-(

  If anybody knows this error (and how to cope with it) - PLEEEEEEZE
  help me and send me a mail. (I'll post a summary if required)
  I would be glad to get this system up and running, and it's very

URGENT URGENT URGENT URGENT URGENT URGENT URGENT URGENT URGENT URGENT URGENT

  Let me thank you in advance (for you help).
  Bye...
					Saari