Making sense of a system coredump

John F Haugh II jfh at rpp386.cactus.org
Fri Jun 14 22:48:33 AEST 1991

In article <1991Jun13.220751.26994 at convex.com> bout at convex.com (David Boutilier) writes:
>I'm afraid you're pretty much stuck with using adb.  To the best of my
>knowledge, no other debugger will work effectively with the kernel.

Not that his system actually has the "crash" command, but that is my
preferred tool.  You typically can find out what module was being
executed that caused the panic as well as the location (if you are
handy with ADB).
--
John F. Haugh II        | Distribution to  | UUCP: ...!cs.utexas.edu!rpp386!jfh
Ma Bell: (512) 255-8251 | GEnie PROHIBITED :-) |  Domain: jfh at rpp386.cactus.org
"UNIX signals are not interrupts.  Worse, SIGCHLD/SIGCLD is not even a UNIX
 signal, it's an abomination."  -- Doug Gwyn