help with a 'C' problemR

Blair P. Houghton bhoughto at bishop.intel.com
Thu Jun 27 10:44:16 AEST 1991

In article <7980 at segue.segue.com> jim at segue.segue.com (Jim Balter) writes:
>In article <4825 at inews.intel.com> bhoughto at pima.intel.com (Blair P. Houghton) writes:
>>The `()' operator has unspecified precedence wrt the `->' operator,

Ok, ok, explicitly, true; implicitly, false; it's all
deducible from the allowable types of operands; and, for
some reason I thought I'd typed "ambiguous" instead of
"unspecified" and left the "ambiguous" dangling in ambiguous
erroneousness...

>Sez who?  a->b() is unambiguous, certainly according to ANSI.
>a->(b()) is obviously meaningless in C (it could mean something in a language
>with names as datatypes, such as LISP).

#define lingus() angus

    feargus = seamus->(lingus());

				--Blair