Rlogin suddenly requires password

Roy Smith roy at alanine.phri.nyu.edu
Sat Jun 8 00:31:29 AEST 1991

	I've got a Vax running MtXinu 4.3BSD/NFS.  I usually access it by
rlogin from a Sun.  I have accounts on both machines, with the name login
name and the same uid.  It never used to ask me for a password when I
rlogin'ed before, but started doing so the other day.  The host I'm logging
in from is in the Vax's /etc/hosts and /etc/hosts.equiv.  Anybody have any
idea what might be wrong?

	The only thing I can think of that changed recently is that I
installed a new copy of the NIC's hosts file, but I made sure that my local
entries got prepended to the front of it.
455 First Avenue, New York, NY 10016
roy at alanine.phri.nyu.edu -OR- {att,cmcl2,rutgers,hombre}!phri!roy
"Arcane?  Did you say arcane?  It wouldn't be Unix if it wasn't arcane!"