file attributes

Erik M. van der Poel erik at srava.sra.co.jp
Fri Jun 21 16:58:51 AEST 1991

> sometimes I
> want to edit my Makefiles, sometimes I want to run make on them.

That's a good point. I guess one could set it up to have a reasonable
default action for the double click, e.g. edit it using the user's
favorite editor. The user can, of course, change this action to
something else, e.g. running `make'.

If the current action is to edit, but the user wants to `make', the
Makefile icon could be dragged to the `make' icon and dropped, or a
secondary action could be set up for double clicking while the shift
key is depressed, or ...
-
--
Erik M. van der Poel                                      erik at sra.co.jp
Software Research Associates, Inc., Tokyo, Japan     TEL +81-3-3234-2692