How about a virtual file system ? (was: Re: file attributes)

Sean Eric Fagan sef at kithrup.COM
Sat Jun 29 07:14:59 AEST 1991

In article <7fhlg4h at rpi.edu> joefritz at aix01.aix.rpi.edu (Jochen M. Fritz) writes:
>Each file in this FS would
>contain two links--one for the data, and another a driver program that can
>the file.

It's been done before, as I've mentioned earlier in this thread.  Watchdogs.
When the FSF comes out with the GNU OS, watchdogs (or their moral
equivalent) should be relatively easy to add (they've got the trappings in
the filesystem already).

--
Sean Eric Fagan  | "What *does* that 33 do?  I have no idea."
sef at kithrup.COM  |           -- Chris Torek