sh and/or csh compilers?

Kent Wilson kwilson at John3_16.urbana.mcd.mot.com
Thu Jun 27 04:43:34 AEST 1991

In article <rodgers.677568004 at maxwell.mmwb.ucsf.edu>,
rodgers at maxwell.mmwb.ucsf.edu (R. P. C. Rodgers, M.D.) writes:
|>Dear Netlanders,
|>
|>I keep hearing rumors of the existence of compilers for various UNIX
|>shells, but have never come across one (or even an add for one).
|>Does anyone know of any such beast, or (better yet) have direct
|>experience with one?  How good are they, and do they significantly
|>improve execution time?

Some years back, Paul Ruel (sp?) and an associate of his at Concentric
Associates produced a shell compiler for the Bourne shell.  I do
not know if it can still be had.

Kent