Smail Fullname Aliases (was Re: Length of User names)

Forrie Aldrich forrie at morwyn.UUCP
Thu Jun 6 07:30:10 AEST 1991

In article <19361 at rpp386.cactus.org>, jfh at rpp386.cactus.org (John F Haugh II) writes:

| >Smail 2.5 also provides full-name aliasing and includes a program
| >that generates permutations of the full name including various
| >combinations of inititials.  You can send mail to me using:
|
| OK, what's the secret - I tried to set this up 3 or 4 years ago
| and gave up.
[...]

It depends on what version of Smail you are running.  Smail2.5 has that feature,
whereas Smail3.1.X doesn't seem to... then again, Smail3.1.X has it's own
version of sendmail... you'll have to look at the code/docs which is available
on UUNET:

/usr/spool/ftp/mail/smail3.1.21.tar.Z

(be careful though, the latest version seems to have installation and compiling
 bugs!)

 Forrie
--

Forrest Aldrich, Jr.|   (a reliable path here someday)   |forrie at morwyn.UUCP