How do you catch a signal without terminating the process ?

mun o her manohar at csl.dl.nec.com
Thu Jun 6 07:56:44 AEST 1991

Server1 = Original Server ( something similar to inetd)
Server2 = Effective current Server.

Assume that we are writing a program to implement a concurrent server.
Assume that Server1 spawns a Server2 when the client wants the connection
and Server1 goes back to the accept state. When the Server2 terminates as a
result of the termination of client. The  Server1 must be notified of its
death so that it can execute wait( to get rid of zombie of Server2). If Signal
Handler is used to catch SIGCHLD the accept (Server1)  is interrupted and the
PROBLEM is that the 'whole program' dies. The intention is to resume accept
state of Server1. The question is How do you PREVENT Server1 from dieing
and resume accept state.

Any suggestion will be greatly appreciated.

--
My Life is like a boat in a dry river. I didnot want to drag the boat out, I
wanted to give it a river.
Manohar S. Gudavalli              ||Internet: manohar at csl.dl.nec.com