POSIX bashing (Was Re: Retaining file permissions)

terryl at sail.LABS.TEK.COM terryl at sail.LABS.TEK.COM
Sat Mar 9 04:50:29 AEST 1991

In article <1991Mar07.073936.12552 at kithrup.COM> sef at kithrup.COM (Sean Eric Fagan) writes:
>In article <3419 at unisoft.UUCP> greywolf at unisoft.UUCP (The Grey Wolf) writes:
>>It's truly a pity that System V has more marketing clout; BSD is just SO
>>much more usable.
>
>In what way?  On kithrup, I have job control, command-line editing (I use
>ksh), networking (still useful even though kithrup is the only machine it
>can connect to 8-)), and a few other nifty-keen things.  I ... know of some
>other useful things coming out, but I can't comment on them.

     Well, I, too use a SYSV machine that has all of the neat (and nice!! (-:)
Berkeley extensions, i.e. job control, FFS (Fast File System for all you non-
TLAers out there!!! (-:), and some other goodies; I don't like it as much as
a REAL BSD(TM of someone out there, I'm sure!!! (-:).

     Why??? I can still backspace over my prompt......

Terry Laskodi		"There's a permanent crease
     of			 in your right and wrong."
Tektronix		Sly and the Family Stone, "Stand!"

PS:
     For the humor-impaired amongst you out there, sprinkle even more (-:
than I already have, i.e. (in my best Foghorn Leghorn voice): "It's a joke,
son!!!!" And yes, although it does have job control, it doesn't have the
NEWER tty driver that handles things like my complain graciously......