Unix Manual Section Six?

Dave Turner dmturne at PacBell.COM
Fri Mar 1 05:37:30 AEST 1991

In article <1073 at wa4mei.UUCP> brandon at wa4mei.UUCP (Brandon Rhodes) writes:
>On the desk next to my computer sits Volume II of the Unix User's
>Manual, and it contains sections one through five.  On the shelf
>behind me sits Volume one, containing the (1M) additions to section
>1 and section 7, which details device I/O.  A curious thought has
>struck me: is there a section 6 to the Unix manual?  If not, why,
>and if so, what is it and does anyone have it?

Section 6 used to contain games.

AT&T dropped section 6 from their UNIX manuals sometime after SVR2.?;
probably with SVR3.0 . None of my SVR3 manuals have it.

The INTRO(6) man page said:

	This section describes the recreational and educational
	programs found in the directory /usr/games. The availability
	of these programs may vary from system to system.

--
Dave Turner	415/823-2001	{att,bellcore,sun,ames,decwrl}!pacbell!dmturne