usleep under Vax/Ultrix

Jonathan I. Kamens jik at athena.mit.edu
Mon Mar 25 16:13:16 AEST 1991

  Ultrix used BSD 4.2 as its porting base.  The usleep() function was
introduced in BSD 4.3.

  Since usleep() was written by Berkeley and is not based on anything
AT&T'ish, it is freely redistributable under the Berkeley sofware License
Agreement.

  Therefore, all you have to do is find an archive site that has the usleep()
sources on-line (in a file "usleep.c"), get the file, and add it to your
program's source code (Make sure you leave the Berkeley copyright at the top
intact, and obey its other conditions!).

  One such archive site is uunet.uu.net, in the anonymous ftp directory
/bsd-sources/lib/libc/gen.  You can find other anonymous ftp sites by
telnet'ing to quiche.cs.mcgill.ca as "archie" (with no password) and typing
"set search exact" and then "prog usleep.c".  If you don't have telnet access,
you can send mail to "archie at quiche.cs.mcgill.ca" with the contents "prog
usleep\.c" (the backslash is because you're specifying a regular expression
and you want the period to be interpreted literally).

  If you do not have direct access to anonymous ftp, you can use the bitftp
server on pucc.princeton.edu to retrieve the file.  Send a mail message with
subject "help" to "bitftp at pucc.princeton.edu" to get more information about
this.

  Finally, to make things easier for you, I have placed 4.3bsd and 4.3reno
versions of usleep.c in the archive on pit-manager.mit.edu.  You can get them
via anonymous ftp from "/pub/tmp", or from my mail server
("mail-server at pit-manager.mit.edu"), by sending a message to it containing
either "send tmp/usleep.c.4.3" or "send tmp/usleep.c.reno" or both (on
separate lines).  You'll probably have better luck with the 4.3 version.

  Note that the files on my workstation will go away after a week.

--
Jonathan Kamens			              USnail:
MIT Project Athena				11 Ashford Terrace