Shared Libraries: Unique to Suns??

Brandon S. Allbery KB8JRR allbery at NCoast.ORG
Thu Mar 21 13:51:15 AEST 1991

As quoted from <1991Mar16.073109.30717 at m.cs.uiuc.edu> by sane at m.cs.uiuc.edu (Aamod Sane):
+---------------
| I would like to know if shared libraries are a SunOs feature
| or are available on most flavors of Unix (BSD, SysV)?

System V has shared libraries, but you have to design your libraries for them
--- they are *not* trivial to set up.  I know little about the SunOS
implementation, but it looks rather easier to use.

(Has this been addressed in SVR4?)

++Brandon
--
Me: Brandon S. Allbery			    Ham: KB8JRR on 2m, 220, 440, 1200
Internet: allbery at NCoast.ORG		(QRT on HF until local problems fixed)