Jargon File distribution -- policy query

Tom Neff tneff at bfmny0.BFM.COM
Fri Mar 15 16:19:06 AEST 1991

In article <1ZmYBy#6hTXRn9kdH0j1XMnRn4zWNZh=eric at snark.thyrsus.com> eric at snark.thyrsus.com (Eric S. Raymond) writes:
>So...where to cross-post it for better coverage?  I've tried all four of
>the other groups in the Newsgroups line, and been ushered out of three of
>them by a few disgruntled inhabitants in spite of an obvious high level of
>interest.

The Jargon file should be crossposted to alt.folklore.computers and
comp.misc.  That will get it onto the backbone but keep it out of
peoples' hair.

A **POINTER** to the file should be more widely crossposted, so that
INTERESTED readers of the technical groups can wander over to comp.misc
or a.f.c if they choose, and read/respond to it.

If this commonsense approach were followed, biweekly postings would be
less objectionable.

>This problem may go away if the comp.society.folklore proposal passes.

No, because connectivity of that group will be slow to build, and the
April 10 deadline looms.