comp.unix.wizards

Stephen T Rubinstein str at cunixa.cc.columbia.edu
Tue Mar 26 04:34:44 AEST 1991

Thanks for all the replies--both the serious and other.  What I figured is
going on is that we have bad news software.  I was wrong (well not really
since we do have junk software).  What is going on is that CU thinks that
students might learn about bugs in news groups like this and exploit them.
(I guess they missed this one.)  Also people at CU can not get into any groups
having to do with security.  I guess CU does not figure we have the brains to
go through some other system to get at these news groups, or to use a library
to find out the same sort of info.  Go figure.

Stephen