audio processing on Sparcstation

Tim Kirk tim at melpar.UUCP
Thu Mar 7 07:10:30 AEST 1991

I am building an audio workstation on a Sun sparcstation with a seperate
DSP board on the same VME bus backplane.  I am looking for generic
information on this topic including the following areas:

    1)	info on the structure/usage of the Unix filesystem for
	audio storage (i.e., are there performance benefits in accessing
	the raw file system or Fast file system).

    2)	any ideas/info on real-time play back and recording.

    3)	buffering of audio data between the DSP and the Sparc
	motherboard.

Any comments would be appreciated.  Send responses to me at tim!melpar!uunet
or to the address below.

Thanks, Debra.

Debra Kirk
E-Systems, Melpar Division