What, exactly, are stat.st_blocks, statfs.f_bsize?

Barry Shein bzs at world.std.com
Mon Mar 4 04:38:28 AEST 1991

>To make it worse, Pyramid's FS block sizes are 2K to 16K (yes, the
>sectors are 2K), and so they report blocks in 2K increments. It is
>rather sad to see filesystems quadruple in size when reported
>between NFS partitions mounted to or from a Pyramid. Oh well...

That's a real bug, I bet their NFS is based on an older LAI version.
There are two different values kept in the server, one for the local
unit and another for the external unit. They're confused in a few
places in the code, particularly in the call that does whatever it is
that "df" wants, I forget the NFS name for this op.

I've fixed this before in that code, it's just a matter of changing
the name of the struct element used in a few places to the correct
one.

--
        -Barry Shein

Software Tool & Die    | bzs at world.std.com          | uunet!world!bzs