Sun questions

Powers kepowers at mbunix.mitre.org
Tue Mar 19 09:10:58 AEST 1991

In article <2204 at wet.UUCP> choke at wet.UUCP (Sean Gallaty) writes:

>	We have just come into posession of a bunch of sun IIs.  We have
>one machine that boots, but is looking for an NFS disk server and hangs
>there.  How can we reconfigure this machine not to do that?  We would like
>to boot this thing but of course we no longer have the other machines that
>it was talking to.  Thanks in advance.

That depends on your particular configuration and OS version.  If you
are running 4.0.3, do you have a 3comm ethernet card?  If you do, replace
it.  It has been out of rev for years and will cause the machine to hang
waiting for its NFS server.  3.5 also had the NFS problems but it
wasn't deadly, just aggravating.  You also need a jumper on the CPU
board, but you wouldn't get through loading the kernel without it.

--
Kelly-Erin Powers		The MITRE Corporation
Unix Systems Group		Burlington Road