(was slashes, now NFS devices)

Robert Thurlow thurlow at convex.com
Fri Mar 1 02:21:18 AEST 1991

In <124235 at uunet.UU.NET> rbj at uunet.UU.NET (Root Boy Jim) writes:

>I hate to agree with the bellboys, but people,
>wake up and see the evils of NFS.

So how about telling us about some of them, rather than just ranting?
Maybe those of us who work with the NFS code can learn something new.

NFS gets work done around this company, to the point where I don't see
how we could do anything without it.  We don't have anything to use in
its place, and by and large it works very well.  I have some kvetches
about how Sun never fixes protocol bugs, but they don't affect me on a
daily basis.

Rob T
Rob Thurlow, thurlow at convex.com
An employee and not a spokesman for Convex Computer Corp., Dallas, TX