Shared Libraries: Unique to Suns??

Martin Golding martin at adpplz.UUCP
Sat Mar 30 13:21:10 AEST 1991

In <387 at n4hgf.Mt-Park.GA.US> wht at n4hgf.Mt-Park.GA.US (Warren Tucker) writes:

>In article <1991Mar23.000143.3652 at dg-rtp.dg.com> goudreau at larrybud.rtp.dg.com (Bob Goudreau) writes:
>>In article <5084a913.20b6d at apollo.HP.COM>, vinoski at apollo.HP.COM (Stephen Vinoski) writes:
>>>
>>> Yes, Sun invented shared libraries, even though Apollo has had them since
>>> 1980 or 1981...   :-)
>>
>>Not to mention Multics....

>Or RCA TSOS, which had 'em in 1971.  The booger could support 55 users
>in 1 meg of memory. (Of course the users were using ASR-33s for the most part).

I have remained silent for too long, I can't stand it any more,

How about Reality, where all the binaries are one shared library, and
there is NO static linking. WE could support 64 users in 1 meg of memory,
nyah nyah nyah... (Until our application programmers found structured
methodologies)

And Reality's zero date is before unix's zero date.

Martin Golding                         | sync, sync, sync, sank ... sunk:
Dod #0236                              |  He who steals my code steals trash.
A Poor old decrepit Pick(tm) programmer ... Sympathize at:
{mcspdx,pdxgate}!adpplz!martin or martin at adpplz.uucp