mailing to le1 on sun workstation

Ian MacPhedran macphed at dvinci
Fri Mar 1 11:30:34 AEST 1991

>From article <1318 at pivot.sbi.com>, by art at pivot.sbi.com (Art Bernstein):
>
> I have a system with two ethernet addresses le0 (prod_sys) le1 (test_sys).
> When mail is sent to test_sys (le1) an error is returned.  The system wants
> mail to be addressed to prod_sys. The systems that is sending the mail
> to test_sys does not have connectivity to prod_sys from security reasons.
> the error is as follows.
>
> I think that an entry in sendmail.cf will fix this problem but did not
> see anything in the Documentation.

You don't say what your system is, but what we do on our Suns should work
for you. We use this to deliver mail for our clients locally. It seems to
work okay.
(Editted from our sendmail.cf)
# Mail to these nodes to be delivered locally
CWclient1 client2 client3

# Map the above nodes to this node
DWserver

S0
R$*<$*$=W.LOCAL>$*      $1<$2$W.LOCAL>$4                client.LOCAL [glh]
R$*<$*$=w.LOCAL>$*      $1<$2>$4                        thishost.LOCAL

(similar lines deleted.)

Any members of the W group get mapped to the server name, which gets
resolved on the next line. In your case, CW would have test_sys, and
DW would have prod_sys.

Ian.
--
Ian MacPhedran, Engineering Computer Centre, University of Saskatchewan.
2B13 Engineering Building, U. of S. Campus, Saskatoon, Sask., CANADA S7N 0W0