comp.unix.wizards-in-their-own-minds

Just Another Deckchair on the Titanic hamish at mate.sybase.com
Fri Mar 1 08:18:07 AEST 1991

In article <22886 at hydra.gatech.EDU> ccastc2 at prism.gatech.EDU (Benjamin H. Cowan) writes:

>  I encourage anybody who can read this message to post every question
>concerning UNIX that they can think of to this newgroup.  It does not matter
>if it is simply or complex.  I just absolutely love to see all the
>electionically-inflated egos just get so bent over backwards in a childish
>uproar just because somebody invaded their private sanctum with what they
>think is a stupid and meaningless question.

You haven't really got it yet, have you?

It's the dumb *answers* that tend to get flamed, the classic
"I-haven't-really-tested-this-yet-but- my-brother's-friend-once-said-
it-worked-for-his-system" responses (see some of the sillier answers
to the recent "I have a filename with a dash in it and I want to
remove it" for examples of this.

	Hamish