What's up with "expect"

Don Libes libes at cme.nist.gov
Sat May 25 03:12:43 AEST 1991

In article <9105240205.AA25057 at enuxha.eas.asu.edu> trotter at enuxha.eas.asu.edu (Russell T. Trotter) writes:
>  The problem comes when I try to build TCL.  It is full
>of errors!  I perused through a correction document and discovered
>that I needed to modify several routines and countless other errors.
>The version of TCL I got was from durer.cme.nist.gov.

Your description doesn't match reality.  The Tcl from durer.cme.nist.gov
has no such correction document.  According to the logs, durer has
distributed Tcl to 2000 sites and has never received a complaint like this.

>Is there any-
>where on the internet I can get a "bug free" (at least buildable)
>version of TCL.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  BTW,

The expect README (which you must've read to get Tcl from durer) also
explains how to get Tcl from Berkeley or how to contact the author.