Removing erroneous directory entries: help needed

john.urban urban at cbnewsl.att.com
Thu May 9 23:39:51 AEST 1991

In article <1991May9.022627.8139 at gpu.utcs.utoronto.ca> aponty at gpu.utcs.utoronto.ca (Adele Ponty) writes:
>One of the users on our system managed to create an entry
>in one of our user_data directories that appears at the top
>of the directory listing as,  -k@  .  A long listing reveals
>it to be some sort of link they attempted to create;
>l---------  -k@   ...  ...  -k@ -> df
>I don't know how they managed this but can someone tell me how
>to get rid of it?  I have a feeling that I may see more of these.
>Thanks.
>--
>                                                 ==== ==M=
> INTERNET:  aponty at gpu.utcs.utoronto.ca          ==== ==i=
>     UUCP:  wheaties at intacc.uucp         (bbs)   ==== ==n=
>            aponty at agora.rain.com  (alternate)   =======g=

See the answer I just posted in comp.unix.questions.  Next time if you're
going to post the same question to mulitple newsgroups, PLEASE specify
all the groups on the Newsgroups line.  i.e.:

Newsgroups: comp.unix.questions,comp.unix.wizards

Basically do: rm - -k\@
See comp.unix.questions for all the details.

Sincerely,

John Ben Urban
att!attunix!jbu