rsh protocol wanted

Tony Mountifield tony at mwuk.UUCP
Wed May 15 00:03:59 AEST 1991

I want to write a server to run on a non-UNIX (OS-9) system to respond
to rsh requests from our Sun-3.  I have successfully created a program
which will accept connections on shell/tcp and fork a child to converse
through the connected socket.

Can anyone give me a description of the protocol for the data exchange
over the socket?

So far, the process receives a four-digit number which looks like a
dynamic port number (1022), followed by a NUL byte. But it is then
waiting for a reply of some sort.

I have tried TFM for the Sun, but it doesn't seem to be there.

Thanks in advance,

Tony.
--
Tony Mountifield.                | Microware Systems (UK) Ltd.
MAIL:  tony at mwuk.uucp            | Leylands Farm, Nobs Crook,