dbm docs?

John F Haugh II jfh at rpp386.cactus.org
Tue May 28 00:46:01 AEST 1991

In article <12177:May2521:45:5991 at kramden.acf.nyu.edu> brnstnd at kramden.acf.nyu.edu (Dan Bernstein) writes:
>In article <OZ.91May23114335 at ursa.ccs.yorku.ca> oz at ursa.ccs.yorku.ca (Ozan Yigit) writes:
>> If you need a very nice and fast hashing package with full dbm/ndbm
>> capabilities, you should get the berkeley hash package, ftpable from
>> postgres.berkeley.edu as bsd_db.tar.Z. This package includes a btree
>> library as well.
>
>Yeah. This package makes entire mobs of VMS users shut up about the lack
>of standard UNIX file formats. With any luck it'll be available in most
>UNIX systems in five years.

If we could get some kind soul to re-post the sources to a newsgroup
near you, it would probably be out there a bit faster.  Without the
full directory pathname, it isn't possible even to get it with BITFTP
or whatever.
--
John F. Haugh II        | Distribution to  | UUCP: ...!cs.utexas.edu!rpp386!jfh
Ma Bell: (512) 255-8251 | GEnie PROHIBITED :-) |  Domain: jfh at rpp386.cactus.org
"If liberals interpreted the 2nd Amendment the same way they interpret the
 rest of the Constitution, gun ownership would be mandatory."