tty security problems under SunOS 4.1 and SunOS 4.1.1

Jim Balter jim at segue.segue.com
Mon May 20 20:33:51 AEST 1991

In article <1991May17.181554.26175 at jato.jpl.nasa.gov> dave at jato.jpl.nasa.gov writes:
>jim at segue.segue.com (Jim Balter) writes:
>>Dan appears to have offered ...
>
>That maybe how it appears to you.  ...

I was speaking of how things appear to Dan, not to me, you, or vendors.
Please follow the thread.

>> The one jumping up and down is you.
>
>Damn straight.

But you accused Dan of jumping up and down.  Please follow the thread.

>>>After all...coming up with break code doesn't really help you come up
>>>with a fix now, does it?
>>Nor does posting it all over the net, now, does it?
>
>I'd be willing to wager a large amount of money that posting code over the net
>would produce a fix MUCH FASTER then coming up with the code.

Rational communication with you appears to be beyond my abilities.
I will desist.  I apologize for wasting the time of other readers.

>>Dan provides a solution but doesn't provide the break code.  Ed Carp and
>>you and a bunch of others yell and scream in a most insulting, rude, impolite
>>and uninformed manner at Dan.
>
>Now think for a second. Why do you think that we feel the way we do?

Only your therapists know for sure.

>...and he shoudl EXPECT the rudeness (in fact
>I believe he revels in it).

Slaveowners believe that their slaves wanted to be mastered, too.
Rationalization is an amazing achievement of the human brain.