SLIP under SCO UNIX V3.2.2

Eda Vopicka eda at vse.cs
Sat May 18 03:45:52 AEST 1991

Please is there anybody with working SLIP connection between two
386/486 computers (hardwired connection, e.g. no modems) with SCO
UNIX V3.2.2 and SCO TCP/IP 1.1.1?

We cannot get it working anyway. We have checked our hardware with
diagnostics and then with KERMIT, it seems to be OK. We believe
we have followed the manuals correctly (TCP installed, then mkdev wdn,
mkdev slip, mkdev TCP, re-linked system, reboot). There are no problems
with Ethernet connection, but the SLIP connection seems not to work.
Our "best result" with SLIP was "NOTICE: TCP sum ..." on the system
console. We believe that the line and ports are OK (programs like
KERMIT or other communication packages have no problems on this line)
and we have checked almost all speeds between 75 and 9600 baud on this
line with SLIP, but no fun.

I am experienced system guru, but have only a little practice on UNIX.

Thank you for your help.

Eduard Vopicka, EUnet:  eda at vse.cs, eda at vse.UUCP
		BITNET: EDA at CSPGEU11

     Prague School of Economics, Winston Churchill square 4
            CS 130 67 Prague 3, Czechoslovakia, Europe