Should Dan post full details of his tty bugs?

Richard Tobin richard at aiai.ed.ac.uk
Thu May 2 23:29:53 AEST 1991

In article <26844:May100:59:2591 at kramden.acf.nyu.edu> brnstnd at kramden.acf.nyu.edu (Dan Bernstein) writes:
>I'd love to hear from anyone who can propose a simpler set of fixes
>that can still be proven to work.

While it seems likely that Dan's fixes are perfectly good, it wouldn't
be surprising if full discussion here led to further improvements (and
perhaps the discovery of other bugs).  If vendors are (for once) going
to incorporate these changes it would be good to subject them to the
most rigorous scrutiny.

For this reason I believe it would be best for Dan to post full details
of the various loopholes.

-- Richard
Richard Tobin,                       JANET: R.Tobin at uk.ac.ed
AI Applications Institute,           ARPA:  R.Tobin%uk.ac.ed at nsfnet-relay.ac.uk
Edinburgh University.                UUCP:  ...!ukc!ed.ac.uk!R.Tobin