misbehaving sun 386i

A. Benjamin Woodard aw1r+ at andrew.cmu.edu
Wed May 1 12:09:05 AEST 1991

Some friends of mine have a sun 386i that seems to have some problems
with the hard drive. I think it is caught in a fsck fail cycle. They
desperatly need the information on the disk right now so they asked me
to try to get it off of it for them. The problem is I can't even get the
thing to boot. I remeber once someone putting a number in a memory
address so that he could watch the boot process. Does anyone know what
this number is and where to put it? Also are there any suggestions on
how to get the beast to boot or how to get the data off of the disk.

-ben

I wonder if dogs would play fetch if they knew how to throw the stick
themselves.