lpd filter for bulk printer?

Eric Luiijf sysf5 at fel.tno.nl
Thu May 23 02:26:39 AEST 1991

We need a lpd filter to drive a Hitachi 2000 lines/minute bulk printer.
The filter should be able to replace e.g. HT in spaces, remove escape
codes and to replace char,backspace,char,backspace sequences by characters,
return (no Line feed) overstrike characters.
Any help, pointers etc. would be helpful.

We try to connect the printer to both VMS and Unix worlds via a Xyplex
terminal/print server. Thus we have to install it in such a way that from
both sides 'transparent' printing with a minimum loss on functionality
will be possible.
Thanks for any help.