BSD tty security, part 4: What You Can Look Forward To

Jim Balter jim at segue.segue.com
Thu May 2 12:11:43 AEST 1991

In article <13218 at goofy.Apple.COM> erc at Apple.COM (Ed Carp) writes:

[idiotic garbage insulting Dan Bernstein and Gene Spafford]

I've seen plenty of rude and stupid Net postings, and am responsible for a few
myself, but this has got to be the most pointless I've seen.  You've merely
guaranteed that you'll be the last to hear about this stuff, and made yourself
unpopular with a lot of people who have never heard of you before because,
unlike Dan and Gene, you have nothing to contribute.  Dan has provided a large
amount of information and solutions, worked with developers, communicated with
others known to have knowledge in this area, and come up with a concrete plan
for solving the problem permanently.  You may disagree with his particular
approach, but what could possibly make you think that you are in any way
*superior* to Dan, such that it could justify the arrogance of your post?
I suggest that you apologize and then find another line of work.